- Abolition of the ‘tampon tax' The first headline for VAT in the Chancellor's speech came when Sunak announced that the UK leaving the EU presents an opportunity to introduce legislation applying the zero-rate of VAT to women's sanitary products. VAT is...
- Rates and allowances The tax-free personal allowance will remain at £12,500 for the 2020/21 tax year throughout the UK. The basic-rate band in England, Northern Ireland and Wales will stay at £37,500 and consequently, the higher-rate threshold will con...
- High earners poised for pensions boost.
- Time to sweep away barriers to business growth.
- Participation rate increased 30% over eight years.
- Business group warns against abolishment in Spring Budget.
- A round-up of the best rumours for individuals and businesses.
- Landlords to lose relief on finance costs from 2020/21.
- Government estimates an uplift of up to £3.4bn.
- Cutting pensions tax relief seems unlikely.
Can’t find what you’re looking for, or would like to know more?